9.2 Creating Pay Calendars
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to create Pay Calendars in ctcLink. (Pay calendars for the following year are typically created prior to September 15th of the current year).
Audience: Payroll Administrator.
Use pay calendars to schedule payroll cycles for your pay groups. Each entry on the pay calendar corresponds to a specific pay period defined by its begin and end dates for a pay group. A semi-monthly pay group has 24 entries in the pay calendar, representing one year of processing.
You must create a calendar entry for every pay period for each pay group you set up.
You must also assign a Pay Run ID to each calendar entry before you run the payroll. See the “Creating Payroll IDs” QRG for more details.
The Create Pay Calendars process is an automated process that creates all calendars for the year for a specific pay group based on the set up in the Create Pay Calendars page.
Create Pay Calendars
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up HCM > Product Related > Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing Controls > Create Pay Calendars
- The Create Pay Calendars run control search page.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Select the Run Control ID.
- Select the Add button.
- Enter the Company or select from the lookup icon.
- Enter the Pay Group or select from the lookup icon.
- Enter the Pay Period End Date or select from the calendar. (Typically, the ending day of the 1st pay period in the year is entered.)
- Enter the Check Dt Days From Pay End Dt (Number of days from the pay period end date to the pay date. Typically, the number 10 is entered.)
- The Pay Periods Per Year auto populate because the system calculates the number of pay periods per year based on your pay group set up (e.g. 24)
- Select the Run button.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays.
- Select the OK button.
- The Create Pay Calendars page displays.
- Select the Process Monitor link.
- Select the Refresh button until the process runs to Success/Posted.
- The process to create pay calendars is now complete.
- Go to the Pay Calendar Table to review the new calendars created by the automated process.
Validate Pay Calendar Table
Navigation: Set Up HCM > Product Related > Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing Controls > Pay Calendar Table
- The Pay Calendar Table search page displays.
- Enter the Search Criteria.
- Select the Search button.
- The Search Results display.
You will need to select each pay period and review the paycheck issue date to make sure it is correct. Using the automated method sets the paycheck issue date out by the number of days specified in your set up on the Create Pay Calendars screen.
** Make sure to select the appropriate (First or Second) Pay Period of the Month for each pay group's pay calendar.
- The Pay Calendar Table page displays.
- From the Pay Calendar Table tab, validate each calendar for accuracy and make changes as needed.
- If the paycheck issue date is incorrect, change it on the Pay Calendar Table page.
- Select the Save button.
- The process to review the pay calendar table is now complete.
- End of procedure.