9.2 Entering General Deductions
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for assigning general (non benefit-related) deductions to an employee and specify the calculation method for a general deduction.
Audience: Payroll Specialists.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Payroll for North America > Employee Pay Data USA > Deductions > Create General Deductions
- The Create General Deductions search page displays.
- Enter the desired information into the Empl ID field.
- Select the Search button.
- The Create General Deductions page displays.
- If there are existing deductions already displayed, select the [+] icon to add a new deduction.
- Enter the desired information into the Deduction Code field. The Deduction Code identifies the type of deduction a user is applying for this employee.
- Change the Effective Date field to reflect the date on which the deduction must go into effect.
- Select the Calculation Routine from the drop-down menu to determine how the deduction will be calculated for the employee.
- Select the Save button.
- A user will receive a warning message if this employee is included in a current payroll process - select the OK button.
- After you save your data, a description of the deduction code appears beside the Deduction Code field.
- Also after a user saves data, the user type and date of the last update appear at the bottom of the page.
- The process to enter general deductions for garnishments is now complete.
- End of procedure.