9.2 Creating a Deduction Register - 13i
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for creating a deduction register in ctcLink.
Audience: Payroll Administrators.
Navigation: Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Pay Period Reports > Deduction Register
You can run this process by searching for an existing Run Control ID or you can add a new value. Creating a Run Control ID that is relevant to the process may help you remember it for future use.
A Run Control ID is an identifier that, when paired with your user ID, uniquely identifies the process you are running. The Run Control ID defines parameters that are used when a process is run. This ensures that when a process runs in the background, the system does not prompt you for additional values.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter the desired information into the Run Control ID field.
- Select the Add button.
- Enter the desired information into the Pay Run ID.
- You may use the look-up tool (magnifying glass icon) to select the correct ID
- Select the On-Cycle radio button.
- Select the Run button.
Use the Process Scheduler Request page to enter or update parameters such as server name and process output format.
- Select the Server Name list and choose the desired item from the drop-down menu. (This information may default.)
- Choose a specific server on which the process will run, or leave the list blank to use the system's default server
- If you have run the process before, the server name that you last used appears by default
- The Process Type and Process Format fields should default; if you would like to change these you may select each list and choose the desired item(s) from the drop-down menu.
- Select the OK button.
Notice the Process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check the status.
- Select the Process Monitor link.
Use the Process List page to view the status of submitted process requests.
- Select the Refresh button.
- You may have to select this button until the Run Status is Success and the Distribution Status is Posted. The process is finished once this occurs
- Select the Details link.
Most of the items on the Process Detail page are display only; however, you can use some tools to modify the process run, as needed.
- Select the View Log/Trace link.
- Select the PDF link in the File List section.
The report opens in a separate window. View results of the report, and close the window when finished.
- You have successfully created a deduction register. End of Procedure.