Faculty Center - Entering Grades
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for entering grades in ctcLink.
Faculty Center - Entering Grades
Grade rosters are generated by Enrollment Services and available in the Faculty Center. If you are listed as the primary instructor, secondary instructor, or teacher's assistant (TA), the Faculty Center information will appear. Please get in touch with your departmental administrator if a term or class is not listed.
In ctcLink, letter case matters. Capital (upper-case) letters come before lowercase. On the class roster below are several staged “names” to show how the case affects the sort. For example, the capital S comes before the lowercase s.
- Class Roster Name. Before you ask, a student’s preferred name is what shows on a Class Roster.
- There are queries that will help you to identify same-cased names.
- QCS_CC_NAMES_ALL_ONE_CASE - Lists names not title cased.
- QCS_CC_NAMES_ALL_ONE_CASE_TERM - Lists names not title cased for term.
Navigation: Gateway > Faculty Center > My Schedule
Navigation: Self Service > Faculty Center > My Schedule
Only valid values can be entered in the roster grade box, as determined by the grading basis. Once the roster has been posted, the selected value will be displayed as the Official Grade.
- The My Schedule page displays.
- Verify you are viewing the correct term and institution. If necessary, select Change Term to change between terms or institutions.
- Select the Grade Roster icon next to the appropriate class to view the Grade Roster for an individual class.
- The Grade Roster page displays the selected class.
- Change between classes by selecting Change Class.
- The My Schedule page will update to allow a different class to be selected.
- Select the student’s grade from the Roster Grade drop-down menu and click Save. The roster lists students alphabetically, but you can sort the list by any column title. By clicking twice on the label, you can sort by that field. NOTE: Save entries often, as data will be cleared/lost if the page times out.
- To add the same grade to multiple students at a time, click a box to the left of the student roster number to choose that student. You can also use Select All to check the box beside every student on the roster. Select a grade from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page. Click Add this grade to selected students to assign that grade to all students automatically.
- After entering all student grades, select Save.
Approve the Grade Roster
Grade rosters are generated with an initial Not Reviewed approval status, allowing grades to be entered and updated. The other status options are Ready for Review when grades have been entered, and the roster is pending approval by the primary instructor. In addition, Approved, where grades have been entered for all students, the roster was approved by the primary instructor, and it is ready to be posted by Enrollment Services.
- In the Grade Roster Action section, activate the Approval Status drop-down menu and choose Approved. Note: Changing Approval Status before grades are saved will cause all grades to be lost. You must save grades before approving them.
- If grade changes need to be made after saving an Approved roster, change the status back to Not Reviewed. This will allow you to make the necessary grade changes. Once the grade changes are complete, change the Approval Status back to Approved before saving.
- Select Save.
- Enrollment Services post the grade rosters once faculty have Approved the grade rosters. Note: Once the grades are saved in Approved status and posted, contact the Records and Enrollment office to make changes to the posted grades.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Faculty Center - Entering Grades - No Audio. This link will open in a new tab/window.