9.2 Create and Post a Group Data Entry (Initial Financial Aid Post)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference to create a group data entry to process multiple transactions for a group of students in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Financials Staff.
This is specific for dual processing for students who have no enrollment. This work-around should never be used for posting aid once the Financial Aid office is fully processing awarding in the ctcLink assign award screen. For aid that has already posted on the student account, please follow the 9.2 Create and Post a Group Data Entry (Financial Aid Adjustments) QRG.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Student Financials > Charges and Payments > Group Processing > Create Group Data Entries
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter a Business Unit.
- Group ID is grayed out and will default to NEXT.
- Select the Add button.
- The Group Entry tab displays.
- Select the Group Type of Financial Aid.
- Select an Origin ID of 00002 (Financial Aid).
- The Accounting Date, Received, and Entry Date should be the current date.
- Optional: Enter the Control Total which is the sum and count of all transactions to be posted through this group.
- Select the Group Line Entry tab.
- The Group Line Entry tab displays.
- In the Group Line Details section:
- Enter the ID for the student you are entering a transaction for.
- Enter or select an Account Type TUT.
- Enter or select an Item Type for the transaction.
- Enter the Item Amount of the transaction.
- Enter or select the Term for which to post this transaction.
- Enter an optional Reference Number to track the transaction.
- The Item Effective Date should be the current date.
- Select the + (Plus) button on the top right of the Group Line Details section to add another row, if necessary.
- When all the lines have been entered, select the Save button which will populate the Group ID Number.
Do not use group processing to post refunds. Entering refunds through group processing does not update the related refund records and refund reversals are not processed correctly.
Once the group data entry has been completed you must run the Post Group Transactions process to post the transactions to student accounts.
- Process complete.