9.2 Sick Leave Buyout Absence Processing
Purpose: Use this document to manually process sick leave buyout for Absence.
Audience: Absence Management Administrators/Payroll/HR Administrators
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Global Payroll & Absence Management > CTC Custom > CTC Reports > Absence Time Cost Report
- On the Planned And Actual Absentee Time Costs page, run the Sick Leave Buyout report for the year 2020 by selecting the Compensable Sick Leave Eligible for Leave Buyout radio button.
- Enter the Company number (or use the magnifying glass lookup icon and make selection).
- Enter the Cal Year (or use the magnifying glass lookup icon and make selection).
- Select the Run button.
- On the Process List tab, select the Report Manager link to download the Sick Leave report.
- Select the report to review.
- Report shows the Eligible Sick Leave Hours, Hourly Rate and Leave Buyout Amount. NOTE: For PTF hourly rates, this needs to be updated manually based on the FWL hourly rate.
NOTES FOR DG3-A and DG3-B Colleges:
- Generate the CSL Eligible for Leave Buyout report in Legacy from January 2020 to Go Live date.
- Generate the CSL Leave Buyout Report in PeopleSoft from Go Live date to December 2020.
- Merge the Legacy and PeopleSoft report.
- Identify the Eligible Employees.
After running the Absence Calculation process (Jan A or Jan B Take), validate the leave balance for the employee(s) in the Results by Calendar Group page. (In this example, Jan A Take Calendar was used).
Navigation: Workforce Administrator tile > Absence Administration > Results by Calendar Group
- On the Supporting Elements tab, view absence adjustments.
- On the Accumulators tab, view the Closing Balance After Take process.
- Send the confirmation email to SBCTC after Absence Adjustment Validation to finalize the Absence Calendar. (Email to ABS Notify: ABS-Notify@sbctc.edu)
You can enter the Sick Leave Buyout Hours (Time Payable) manually in the Payline or through the PSHUP file.
Entering Hours in Payline:
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Update Paysheets > By Payline
- Add a new record by selecting the plus (+) button.
- Enter LPA in the Code field and enter time payable in the Amount field.