9.2 View Academic Advisement Report Through Advisor Center (Fluid)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for viewing a student's academic advising report via Fluid navigation in ctcLink.
If the information in any of the following areas changes, a new AAR will be generated during the SBCTC Process, Advisement Report Generation. This process runs nightly, Monday through Friday.:
- Enrollment Records
- Transfer Credit Records
- Student Planner Records
- Degree Completions
- Student Planner Records
- Program or Plan Updates
View Academic Advisement Report
Navigation: ctcLink Advisor Homepage
- Select the Advisor Center tile.
- The My Advisees page displays.
- Select Student Center.
- The Advisee's Student Center page displays.
- Enter Search Criteria to identify your student.
- Select Search.
- The Advisee Student Center page displays.
- Select "Academic Requirements."
- Select the double arrow icon.
- The Advisor Center tab displays.
- Select Expand All to view the entire report. Select Collapse All to collapse the entire report.
- You have the option to Personalize the requirement view.
- Select the Grid Action Menu icon.
- The Grid Customization box appears.
- To change the Column Order, highlight a column name and use the arrows to move the column name to the desired location.
- To add a Sort Order, highlight a column name and click on the right arrow.
- The column name displays in the Sort Order field.
- If you want the column sort order to display in descending order, click on the column name and select the Descending checkbox--"(desc)" will display next to the column name.
- For example, the image below displays the following:
- The Status column descending order sorts first taken, then in progress, and finally not taken courses.
- The When column descending order sorts first the most recent taken courses, then in progress, and finally not taken.
- The Course column descending order sorts courses alphabetically depending on the values in the When column (e.g., Chem& 162 and Chem& 161 for summer 2018).
- To view a PDF, select View Report as PDF.
- The Advisement Report opens as a PDF file in a new window.
- The PDF version of the report displays in chronological order based on the term.
- Once you have reviewed the Advisement Report, close the new window.
- You have successfully viewed an academic advisement report through the Advisor Center.
- Process complete.
Is it possible to add a note to this QRG that highlights the fact that unless a new AAR is generated (either by a staff member or a student triggered action), Advisor Center will only show the last generated AAR. Not necessarily an AAR up-to-date as the day it is being viewed in Advisor Center? This causes a LOT of problems when staff do not understand how this works.
Thank you for your comment. If the information in any of the following areas changes, a new AAR will be generated that night--Enrollment Records, Transfer Credit Records, Student Planner Records, Degree Completions, Student Planner Records, Program or Plan Updates. Thanks again, Courtney! ~Tanjagay Martin | CS Core Trainer