Creating Accounting Entries
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for creating Asset Management accounting entries in ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Asset Manager, Facilities Asset Manager.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Asset Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: Asset Management > Accounting Entries > Create Accounting Entries
Creating Accounting Entries
- The Accounting Entry Creation run control ID search page displays.
- If you have run this process or report in the past, select the Find an Existing Value tab to enter an existing Run Control ID and select the Search button. If this is the first time running this process or report, select the Add a New Value tab to create a new Run Control ID and select the Add button.
- NOTE: It is important to note that Run Control IDs cannot be deleted. Do not include spaces in your Run Control. We encourage the Run Control ID to have the same process naming convention but unique to the step; because of this, including your institution code and a short process description in the Run Control ID is recommended--e.g., WA160_AM_CREATE_ACCTG (College, Process).
- The Create Accounting Entries page displays. The system will use the request parameters to define the processing rules and data to be included when the process is run. Enter or lookup the following parameters:
- Select the Process Frequency drop-down button to the ‘Always’ option.
- If it did not already default, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Enter or select the appropriate asset book name in the Book Name field.
- Enter or lookup the asset number in the From Asset ID field (define the beginning range of asset ID numbers that this depreciation calculation will be run against).
- Enter or lookup the asset number in the To Asset ID field (define the ending range of asset ID numbers that this depreciation calculation will be run against).
- Select the Run button.
The From Asset ID and To Asset ID fields can be left blank to process all pending assets.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays. Select OK to run the Creating Accounting Entries process.
Note: A Process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check its status. When completed, the process's Run Status = "Success" and its Distribution Status = "Posted".
- The Process Scheduler Request page disappears. The updated Depreciation Calculation page displays. Note the Process Instance number. Select Process Monitor. Refer to the QRG Process Scheduling/Process Monitor for further instructions.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
Video Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Creating Accounting Entries. This link will open in a new tab/window.