Copying a Requisition
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for copying a requisition in ctcLink.
Audience: ctcLink faculty and staff with a need to purchase goods or services.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Requisition Entry
You must also set these User Preference Definitions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or User Preference Definitions, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
One of the easiest ways to create a new purchasing requisition in ctcLink is to copy an existing one. You can select an existing requisition to copy regardless of its status.
Navigation: Purchasing > Requisitions > Add/Update Requisitions
- From the Add New Value tab on the Requisitions page, select the Add button.
- Select the Copy From link.
- The Req Inquiry Selection window opens.
- Use the Header section to mix and match search criteria to locate a requisition to copy. Some possibilities include:
- Enter or select the Requisition number in the Requisition ID field. Note: If an entry is made in this field, there is no value in entering any other search criteria. Simply proceed to step f - select Search.
- Enter or select a status in Req Status.
- To display only those requisitions you created, enter or select your name in either Requester Name or Requester.
- To display only those requisitions for a specific supplier, enter or select the supplier in either Supplier ID or Supplier Name.
- Enter or select the appropriate department in Department.
- Select the Search button to display all requisitions matching the search criteria.
- Select the requisition to copy and click OK. The current requisition will fill with data from the copied requisition.
Note: If you want to preview a requisition before copying it you can select the hyperlinked Requisition ID.
- You may receive a message regarding the source/target requester. Select Yes to continue to copy. Note the requisition lines from the copy source are copied into your new requisition.
- The header information of your requisition is unaffected.
- Review the requisition line(s) carefully. If you copy a requisition line that has a value for Due Date (for example), it might be several years old. The line might have now-inappropriate comments, select the Edit Comments link to update. It is your responsibility to ensure the validity of the data.
- Add additional lines or remove lines as needed using the Add multiple new rows [ + ] and Delete rows [ - ]buttons at the end of each requisition line.
- When finished updating the new requisition, select Save.
- The Requisition ID number will populate.
- Select the Budget Pre-Check icon.
- If passed Budget Pre-Check, your Requisition should have a Budget Status of Prov Valid. If you are ready to submit the requisition for approval, click the Approve icon at the top of the page.
- Note the Requisition ID for future reference.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View the external link to Copying a Requisition. This link will open in a new tab/window.