9.2 Copying a Requisition
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for copying a requisition in ctcLink.
Audience: ctcLink faculty and staff with a need to purchase goods or services.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Requisition Entry
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
One of the easiest ways to create a new purchasing requisition in ctcLink is to copy an existing one. You can select an existing requisition to copy regardless of its status.
Copying a Requisition
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Purchasing > Requisitions > Add/Update Requisitions
- The Requisitions search page displays.
- Select Add a New Value tab to create a new value.
- If it didn’t populate, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Leave the default value of NEXT in the Requisition ID field.
- Select Add.
- The Requisition page displays.
- Select Copy From.
- The Copy Requisition page displays. Use the Header section to mix and match search criteria to locate a requisition to copy. Some possibilities include:
- Enter or select the Requisition number in the Requisition ID field. Note: If an entry is made in this field, there is no value in entering any other search criteria. Simply proceed to step f - select Search.
- Enter or select a status in Req Status.
- To display only those requisitions you created, enter or select your name in either Requester Name or Requester.
- To display only those requisitions for a specific supplier, enter or select the supplier in either Supplier ID or Supplier Name.
- Enter or select the appropriate department in Department.
- Select Search.
- The updated Copy Requisition page displays.
- The qualifying requisitions will show in the Requisition section.
- Select the Sel box of the requisition you want to copy.
- Select OK.
Note: If you want to preview a requisition before copying it you can select the hyperlinked Requisition ID.
- The requisition lines from the copy source are copied into your new requisition.
- The header information of your requisition is unaffected.
- Review the requisition line(s) carefully. If you copy a requisition line that has a value for Due Date (for example), it might be several years old. The line might have now-inappropriate comments. It is your responsibility to ensure the validity of the data.
- Add additional lines or remove lines as needed using the Add multiple new rows [ + ] and Delete rows [ - ]buttons at the end of each requisition line.
- When finished updating the new requisition, select Save.
- The updated Requisition page displays. Note that your requisition has been assigned a unique Requisition ID that can be used to identify it.
- When you are satisfied with the requisition, submit it for approval by selecting the Submit for Approval icon.
- The Status of the Requisition will change from ‘Open’ to ‘Pending’ (approval).
- Process complete.