9.2 Processing Dependency Override/Homeless Youth Determination ISIRs in ctcLink
Purpose: Use this document as a reference on how to process a Dependency Override or Homeless Youth Determination on an ISIR in ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Aid Staff
It is typical that FAFSAs for Dependent students without parent signature or who need McKinney Vento or Homeless Youth Determination will have a Dependency Status of "X Dependent Reject No EFC" message on the 20xx-20xx ISIR Suspense page. The Dependent Rejected ISIR will have to be manually loaded from ISIR suspense page so the Dependency Override or Homeless Youth / McKinney Vento determination can be made from the Correct 20xx-20xx ISIR Records page. The ISIR will have to be queued up to be sent for Corrections. Once that correction is sent, CPS will process, and will return the ISIR with the ISIR Comments that an FAA has made a dependency override determination.
Navigation: Navigator > Financial Aid > File Management > ISIR Import > 20xx-20xx Suspense Management
- At the ISIR Suspense Management 2x/2x page, use Search Match to find the ID. Then, proceed with the steps to load the ISIR.
- Enter the ID.
- Select the ID Lock checkbox.
- Select the Add ISIR radio button.
- Select the Process ISIR button.
- Once the ISIR is successfully loaded, the Load Status displays as Loaded.
Navigation: Nav Bar > Navigator > Financial Aid > Correct 20xx-20xx ISIR Records page
- Select the Add a New Row + button to make a new ISIR row that will be sent off to CPS for corrections.
- Next, to perform the Dependency Override or Homeless Youth Determination, navigate to the Assumptions\School Codes tab.
- At the Assumptions\School Codes tab, select the desired Dependency Override Indicator. In this example, the Dependent to Independent (Dependency Override) radio button is selected.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the Save button.
- End of procedure.