Post a Student Transaction (Quick Post)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to add a transaction to a student’s account in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Financials Staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ SF Charges and Payments
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
To use this page, your Institution/Business Unit must be set as a user default.
You must also have the appropriate Item Type Security. Please refer to the Item Type Security QRG.
As a reminder: NEVER 'Quick Post' Tuition, Financial Aid, Waivers, Third Party Payments (to a student account), or Payment Plan payments.
Navigation: Student Financials > Charges and Payments > Post Student Transaction
- The Student Post search page displays.
- In the Add a New Value tab, enter or search for the:
- Business Unit.
- Student ID.
- Account Type.
- Item Type.
- Select the Add button and the Student Post page displays.
- Enter the Amount for the item type.
- Enter or search for the transaction Term.
- Optional: Enter the Reference Number.
- The Item Effective Date defaults to the current date. You can update this date as necessary.
- Enter the Due Date for any charge Item Type.
- Select the Post button.
- Select the Student Accounts link to verify the item type posted to the account.
- Select the Return link once account information has been verified and the Student Post page displays.
- Select the New Transaction button to post a new transaction.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Post a Student Transaction (Quick Post). This link will open in a new tab/window.