Reverse a Group Post
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to reverse a group post in ctcLink.
Audience: Bursar & Cashier.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ SF Group Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: Student Financials > Charges and Payments > Group Processing > Reverse Groups
- The Group Reversal search page displays.
- If you have run this process or report in the past, select the Find an Existing Value tab to enter an existing Run Control ID and select the Search button. If this is the first time running this process or report, select the Add a New Value tab to create a new Run Control ID and select the Add button.
- NOTE: It is important to note that Run Control IDs cannot be deleted. Do not include spaces in your Run Control. We encourage the Run Control ID to have the same process naming convention but unique to the step; because of this, including your institution code and a short process description in the Run Control ID is recommended--e.g., WA220_ADM_FYR_5 (Admissions Letter, Summer, FYR Admit Type).
- The Group Reversal page displays.
- In the Parameters section, enter or search for the:
- Business Unit.
- Group ID.
- Item Effective Date: Current Date.
- Due Date Option.
- Select the Run button. Please refer to the Process Schedule Request steps for further instructions.
- Select the Process Monitor link. In the Process List, select the Actions link drop-down and then select the View Log/Trace link.
- The View Log/Trace page displays.
- Select the PDF file and the PDF report displays.
- Copy or note the New Group ID number.
- Section complete.
To finalize the process, you must now post the New Group ID.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Reverse a Group Post. This link will open in a new tab/window.