9.2 Opening a Cashier's Office
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for opening a cashiers office in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Financials and Cashiering staff.
Opening a Cashier's Office
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Student Financials > Cashiering > Cash Management > Open Offices
- The Open Cashier Offices search page displays.
- Enter the Business Unit.
- Enter the Cashier’s Office.
- Select the Search button.
It's necessary to update three tabs of parameters when opening a cashiering session. Where you enter the opening cash till balance depends on how your office is set up.
- The Open Cashier Offices tab displays. It assigns the date for the session.
- Select the Current Business Date to open the cashiering office.
- ctcLink populates the current date however this can be changed if a prior date is required.
- Select the Open Cashier Office button or select the Copy Registers and Cashiers button to copy information from a previous day.
- Use the Copy button if you are expecting to use the same Registers and Cashiers from the previous session.
- Select the Open Registers tab to continue.
The second and third tabs (Open Registers & Open Cashiers) within this page inform ctcLink the cashier, register, and respective payment/tender type for each.
- The Open Registers tab displays.
- Confirm the Business Date and then select a Register to open for the business day.
- If the Copy Registers and Cashiers button was selected, ctcLink copies registers and tender types from the copied business day; but each register needs to be opened. If the Opening Balance field is available, enter the tills starting balance.
- Add the payment methods associated with each register. Use the looking glass to select each.
- To add multiple tender types, use the (+) to add a row.
- If the register has a beginning till/cash balance, enter the dollar amount in the Opening Balance field if able.
- Enter additional Tender Keys with the PLUS (+) button.
- Select the Open check box after entering all Tender Keys and Opening Balance.
- The Deposit ID field is not configured for use.
- Select the Open Cashiers tab.
- The Open Cashiers tab displays.
- Confirm the Business Date.
- In the *Cashier field, select the ID of the cashier or select the View All link to see available cashiers copied.
- Select the Register that each cashier is assigned. Only registers opened from the Open Registers tab are available.
- Select or add the Tender Key(s) for each Cashier & Register. Select the plus button (+) to add a new row for each tender. Be sure to enter an Opening Balance for any cash tender if able.
- Select the Open check box for each Cashier/Register type.
- Select the Save button to complete the page.
You are able to add Registers and Cashier's after the session has been opened.
- Process complete.