9.2 Processing Depreciation Calculations
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for processing depreciation calculation for an asset in ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Asset Manager, Facilities Asset Manager
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Depreciation Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Whenever you perform a transaction against an asset, you need to calculate the depreciation for the asset to account for the transaction. ctcLink Asset Management enables you to calculate depreciation across several different scenarios, depending on the depreciation attributes that you select. For example, when you adjust or recategorize an asset, the Depreciation Calculation process transfers the stored depreciation amounts from the original category to the new category, depending on the transaction that you are performing and the ChartFields that you have specified.
Processing Depreciation Calculation
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Asset Management > Depreciation > Processing > Calculate
- The Depreciation Calculation run control ID search page displays. Enter an existing run control ID or select Add a New Value to create a new run control ID.
- Enter a meaningful Run Control ID for the accounting entry creation process in the Run Control ID field.
- Select Add.
- The Depreciation Calculation page displays. Use it to enter the request parameters. These parameters will be used to define the processing rules and data to be included when the process is run.
- Use the Request ID field to define the request calculation number.
- Use the Process Frequency drop-down button to select the ‘Always’ option.
- If it did not already default, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Enter or select the appropriate asset book name in the Book Name field.
- Enter or select the asset number in the From Asset ID field. Use the From Asset ID field to define the beginning range of asset ID numbers that this depreciation calculation will be run against.
- Enter or select the asset number in the To Asset ID field. Use the To Asset ID field to define the ending range of asset ID numbers that this depreciation calculation will be run against.
- Select Run.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays. Use it to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format.
- Use the Server Name drop-down button to select the appropriate processing server for the request. Note: you can leave the Server Name blank.
- Ensure that the Calculate Depreciation Select checkbox is checked.
- Select OK.
- The Process Scheduler Request page disappears. The updated Depreciation Calculation page displays. Note the Process Instance number.
- Select Process Monitor. Refer to the Process Scheduling QRG for further instructions.
Note: A Process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check its status. When completed, the process's Run Status = "Success" and its Distribution Status = "Posted".
- Process complete.