Override DL Bio Demo Information
Purpose: Use this document as a reference on how to view, edit and/or override the direct loan bio demo information.
Audience: Financial Aid staff, loan processing staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD FA DL Mgmt
- ZD FA Director
- ZZ FA DL Mgmt
- ZZ FA Direct Loan Processor
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Override Direct Loan Bio Demo Information
Navigation: Financial Aid > Loans > Direct Lending Management > Override Loan Application Data
- The Direct Loan Bio/Demo search page displays.
- Enter the:
- Aid Year
- Select the Search button.
- The Direct Loan Name tab displays. Use the Direct Loan Name tab to view the current name information on a Direct Loan record. This page is view only.
- Select the Direct Loan Phone tab.
The Direct Loan Phone tab displays the current telephone number for the borrower. The telephone number originates from Campus Community and is displayed until you select the Override Phone check box.
Use the Override Phone check box to override the current phone number on the loan record only. Selecting this check box clears and activates the Telephone field. If you override this telephone number, future adjustments to Campus Community information will not update this field. If you clear this check box, the system reinserts the telephone number originating from Campus Community.
- The Direct Loan Phone tab displays.
- Select the Override Phone option.
- Use the Telephone field to enter the new telephone number.
- Enter the desired information into the Telephone field.
- Select the Direct Loan Address tab.
- The Direct Loan Address tab displays.
- Use the Direct Loan Address page to review the mailing address. You cannot change the address on this page. Access the Campus Community page to change the address.
- Select the Direct Loan Email tab.
Use the Direct Loan Email tab to override the email address on the Direct Loan record.
The email address is submitted to the COD for Stafford loans.
For direct lending, the Email Address is restricted to 50 characters and must follow Email address identification protocol. Use the Override Email Address check box to override the student's email address and enter the updated email address.
If you override the student's email address, future adjustments to Campus Community information will not update this field.
If you clear this check box, the system reinserts the email information originating from Campus Community.
- The Direct Loan Email tab displays.
- Select the Override Email Address option.
- Enter the desired information into the Override Email Address field.
- Select the Direct Loan Demo Ovrd tab.
Use the Direct Loan Demo Ovrd tab to override the following Campus Community or institutional application information:
- Social security number or date for the SSN
- Start date of the academic year for this borrower
- End date of academic year for this borrower
- Borrower's federal dependency status
- Borrower's date of birth and date you changed the date of birth
- Borrower's citizenship status
- Borrower's alien registration or Visa/permit number
- The Direct Loan Demo Ovrd tab displays.
- Select the PLUS Credit Override tab.
Use the PLUS Credit Override tab to override to view Loan Credit Eligibility, to determine whether a borrower is credit denied or credit approved.
- Select the Informed Borrower Override tab.
- Select the Save button.
Use the Informed Borrower Override tab to override Informed Borrower Completion information.
- The process to view, edit and override current biographic and loan application information on a Direct Loan record is now complete.
- End of procedure.
Note that if you are overriding any Bio Demo info on this page to correct./update a rejected loan record, you must next go to the Manage Direct Loan Application (MDLA) page to get the system to pick up the change. At the MDLA page, remove the hold (if any) and then select the Activate Change Button, and Update to Origination, then select Save. If you do not do the MDLA steps, the system will not pick up any changes made to the Override DL Bio Demo info page.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Override Direct Loan Bio Demo Information. This link will open in a new tab/window.