Copying a Bill
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for copying a bill in ctcLink.
Audience: Billing/AR Specialists.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Billing Entry
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
This guide will walk you through copying a single bill. For additional details about information required by your school, please refer to local business process policy and documentation.
Copying a Bill
Navigation: Billing > Maintain Bills > Copy Single Bill
- On the Copy Single Bill page, enter the Business Unit.
- Enter or lookup the Invoice ID for the bill you wish to copy.
- Select Search. The Copy Single Bill page displays.
- In the Select Bill Action section, select the Copy Bill radio button.
- The Copy Results populates below. Leave the default value of "NEXT" in the Copy Bill field.
- Enter the current date in the Invoice Date field
- Select Save. The updated Copy Single Bill page displays
- On the updated Copy Single Bill page, note the newly-assigned Invoice ID in the Copy Bill field.
- Select the Go To Bill Header - Gen. Info link. The Billing General page opens in a new window.
- On the Billing General page, check the information and add or edit as necessary. For example:
- Customer Information: verify or update Customer.
- Payment Information: update terms.
- Header Detail: update Bill Inquiry Phone.
- Header or Line Notes: update as needed.
- Bill Lines: Update Description, Charge Details, Accounting Distribution.
- Attachments: add additional backup documentation as needed. Close out the window to return to Billing General. For more information, please see QRG Attach Supporting Documentation to Invoice.
- Select the Pro Forma icon to review a pdf of new bill. Close out the window to return to the Billing General page.
- Change the Bill Status to "RDY" (Ready).
- Select the Save button to save changes.
- Close the newly-opened Billing General page.
- Process complete.
Depending upon your local business practice, please refer to the next step in the Invoice process:
- Submit Invoice for Approval: QRG Submit Billing Invoices for Approval
- Finalize Invoice: QRG Finalize Bills via Single Action Invoice w/ Commitment Control.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
Video Tutorial Via Panopto
View the link to Copying a Bill. This link will open in a new tab/window.