9.2 Creating a Prorated EFC
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to create a prorated EFC in ctcLink.
Audience: FA Counselor/Technician.
Creating a Prorated EFC
Note: 6/18/21 -- Prorations must be made from the EFC\DB Matches\Corr tab. In Image 21, a bug has been identified that prevents updates from being made from to the FM pagelet on the first three tabs on the page. You must start the pro-ration of the EFC at the FM pagelet from the EFC\DB Matches\Corr tab. This workaround is effective for the 21/22 AY only. Image 23 will deliver a fix to this bug. This QRG will be updated at that time.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Financial Aid > Federal Application Data > Correct 20xx-20xx ISIR records
- The ISIR Corrections xx/xx Records search page displays.
- Enter Student ID.
- Enter Academic Institution in the ISIR Corrections xx/xx (where xx = year in which you are working) search page.
- Select Search. The Correct 20xx-20xx ISIR records page will display with the Student Information tab selected.
- Select the EFC\DB Matches\Corr tab.
- Select the FM link under the ISIR Data section.
- The INAS Federal Extension page displays.
- Choose CSS Rules from the INAS Rule Set drop-down menu.
- Select the Budget Durations link.
- The INAS Federal Extension Budget Durations page displays.
- Change the Academic field to 3, 6, 9, or 12 (where number equals month EFC value).
- Select OK.
- The Correct 2021-2022 ISIR records page displays.
- Select the INAS button in the ISIR Data section to complete the process.
The Prorated EFC has now changed.
- Select Save on the Corrections page--from the EFC\DB Matches\Corr tab.
- Process complete.