9.2 Viewing Journal Entry Errors
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for viewing journal entry errors in ctcLink.
Audience: Accounting staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ GL Journal Entry
You must also set these User Preference Definitions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or User Preference Definitions, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
When you run the journal edit process, journal information is checked and errors may be found. A summary of these errors in the journal is then available for viewing. In this QRG, you will view these journal entry errors and the nature of those errors on the Journal Header and Journal Lines pages.
Part of your daily routine may be to post journals at the end of the day. However, before you post these journals, you must first check for errors and correct them. This process identifies those errors and provides information about where the error is, enabling further troubleshooting to correct it.
Viewing Journal Entry Errors
Navigation: Menu > General Ledger > Journals > Journal Entry > Create/Update Journal Entries
- The Create/Update Journal Entries search page displays. Select the Find an Existing Value tab.
- Select the Clear button.
- Select the Business Unit field. Enter the desired information into the Business Unit field.
- Select the Journal Header Status list. Select the Journal Has Errors option.
- Select the Search button.
- The results of your search will be appended to the bottom the Create/Update Journal Entries page. Select any field in a row to access the Header page. If there is only one journal in error, the search takes you directly to the header page of the journal in error.
- The Create/Update Journal Entries page displays. Select the Errors tab.
Use the Errors page to view the Header and Line error messages and determine the nature of those errors. The line errors on this page show the fields in error, as well as message sets that contain the error message, message number, and message text.
Header errors are displayed in the Header Error grid. Select a number in the Line # column to navigate to the Journal Line page line entries in error.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
Video Tutorial via Panopto
View the link to Viewing Journal Entry Errors. This link will open in a new tab/window.