Understanding FWL Contract Templates
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to understand the FWL Contracts Layout and relationship to FWL contracts in ctcLink.
Audience: Class Scheduling Staff, HR/Payroll Staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC FWL Maintain Config
- ZD FWL View Config
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: Set Up SACR > Product Related > Student Records > Curriculum Management > CTC Custom > Faculty Workload > FWL Template Configuration > FWL Contracts Layout Config
- The FWL Contracts Layout Config page displays.
- Enter Institution Code (WAXXX) on the FWL Contracts Layout Config page and click Search.
- The Search Results page displays.
- Select the Contract Type of interest. Contracts are always built by Contract Type, and there is not subset of contracts inside of a single Contract Type.
- There are up to five (5) Sections that can exist within a contract layout:
- Header Data: Displays first on a contract, contains demographic information about the faculty member.
- Class Detail: Displays second on a contract, contains class/non-instructional information about the assignment being contracted for work.
- Pay Detail: Displays third on a contract, contains hours, FTE, payments and amount per payment.
- Disclaimer: Displays fourth on a contract, contains any legal language that the college wishes on a Contract Type basis.
- Acceptance: Displays fifth on a contract, contains additional questions the college would like the employee to answer for a Contract Type.
Header Data, Class Detail, and Pay Detail all allow you to Hide fields that are not pertinent to a Contract Type.
- For instance, there is no Class information to associate to a Non-Instructional contract therefore hiding most of the Class fields is appropriate to reduce confusion when reading a contract.
- If the Disclaimer is incorrect it should be fixed at the Contract Type level then re-inserted into the Contracts Layout. However, if there is additional formatting needed (bolded texts, links inserted, etc.) that should be done inside of the Contracts Layout itself through the formatting tab provided.
- The Acceptance tab uses configuration that was built in Question Configuration and Question Setup, so changes/additions will have to be performed in those configuration areas and not Contracts Layout itself.
While users will be able to view the FWL Contracts Layout Config area if they have been given the appropriate security to view configuration for their college, no college has local security to edit their own contract layout.
To edit a contract layout, please send a communication through a ticket to the HCM ERP team and they will walk the user through the appropriate steps to maintain term logic and effective dates.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View the external link to Understanding FWL Contract Templates. This link will open in a new tab/window.