Printing a Pro Forma Invoice
Purpose: Use this document to print a Pro Forma or draft invoice within ctcLink.
Audience: Finance/Billing staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Billing Processing
- ZZ Grant Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
In general, pro forma invoices can be printed by pressing the icon in express billing after an invoice has been created. The following is to create a pro forma invoice without choosing the icon. The assumption below is that you have already created an invoice and it has not been processed through single action.
Navigation: Billing > Generate Invoices > Non-Consolidated > Print Pro Forma
- The Pro Forma run control ID search page displays.
- If you have run this process or report in the past, select the Find an Existing Value tab to enter an existing Run Control ID and select the Search button. If this is the first time running this process or report, select the Add a New Value tab to create a new Run Control ID and select the Add button.
- NOTE: It is important to note that Run Control IDs cannot be deleted. Do not include spaces in your Run Control. We encourage the Run Control ID to have the same process naming convention but unique to the step; because of this, including your institution code and a short process description in the Run Control ID is recommended--e.g., WA240_SINGLE_ACTION (College_Business Process).
- In the Range Selection section, select Invoice ID.
- Enter the From Business Unit. The "To Business Unit" field value will auto populate.
- Enter or lookup the From Invoice. The "To Invoice" field value will auto populate. Optional to override this value enabling you to enter a range of Pro Forma Invoices to print.
- Select the Print Options tab.
- Review the Summarization Options section and select the desired template radio button:
- Print Detail.
- Print Summarized.
- Print Both Summarized & Detail (most common and recommended).
- Select the Pro Forma tab.
- Select the Bills to Be Processed icon to review your invoice(s) that are to be printed.
- The Bills to be Process window displays.
- Select Return.
If the Bills To Be Processed window is blank or no field value information displays, return to the Pro Forma Invoice to review.
- The Bills To Be Processed window disappears.
- Select Run.
- The Process Scheduler Request window displays.
- For the row whose Description = "Proforma & Print":
- Select the Select checkbox;
- Select Type = "Web";
- Select Format = "PDF".
- Scroll down the page to select the OK button.
- The Process Scheduler Request window disappears.
- The updated Pro Forma tab displays. Note the Process Instance number.
- Select Process Monitor. Please refer to the Process Monitor/Process Schedule Request steps for additional information.
- The Process List tab displays.
- Select Refresh until your Process Instance's Run Status = "Success" and its Distribution Status = "Posted".
- Select the Report Manager link. Please refer to the Report Manager steps for additional information.
- The List tab displays. Select the Administration tab.
- Select the PDF report link.
- The PDF Pro Forma displays.
- Select print or download to computer.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View the external link to Printing a Pro Forma Invoice. This link will open in a new tab/window.