9.2 Create an Express / One-Time Bill
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for creating an Express or a one-time bill in ctcLink.
Audience: Billing/AR Specialists.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD Billing Inquiry
- ZZ Billing Entry
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
This guide will walk you through creating a one-time bill. For additional details about what information your school requires, please refer to local business process policy and documentation.
Navigation: Billing > Maintain Bills > Express Billing
- The Express Bill Entry search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter Business Unit.
- Keep Invoice as NEXT.
- Enter Bill Type Identifier.
- Enter Bill Source.
- Enter Customer.
- Enter Invoice Date.
- Enter Accounting Date.
- Select Add.
- The Billing General page displays and is populated with the entered information.
- In the Bill Lines section, add one or more Bill Lines:
- Enter Table = "ID" which stands for PS/Billing Charge id.
- Select a Charge Code by using the lookup button next to the Identifier field or if you do not have Charge Codes set up, you will need to enter in the Revenue Distribution manually.
- Optional to enter a Description or select Header Notes link to add invoice details.
- Enter a Quantity.
- Enter a Unit Price.
- Save page.
The Identifier lookup references a Charge Code which are similar to speed types or item types. They can be set up by your college to reference frequently used ChartStrings.
- Upon saving the page, a unique Invoice number has been generated and the Gross Extended amount has been updated.