9.2 Tracking Leaves of Absence
Purpose: Use this document to track leaves of absence in ctcLink.
Audience: Human Resources staff.
Use the Work Location page to specify information about the employee's job transactions.
The information displayed on this page reflects the job data for the employee when they were initially hired.
Track Leaves of Absence
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
- The Job Data search page displays.
- Enter the desired information into the Empl ID field.
- Select the Search button.
- The Job Data page displays.
- You need to add a new row to record the leave of absence. Select the Add a new row (+) button (as indicated by arrow above, or circle below).
- A new row is added.
- The Effective Date field defines the date on which the leave of absence becomes effective. It defaults to the current system date, but can be modified if needed. For this example, the leave of absence will begin on 6/9/2018.
- Enter the desired information into the Effective Date field using the mm/dd/yyyy format, or by selecting the calendar icon.
Every Job Data record has an Action associated with it. Examples are:
- Leave of Absence
When you select an action that changes an employee's data, you could be changing the employee's status. The employee status is not user-selected, rather, it is derived (or set) based on a selected action. This is important because a change in employee status can affect both benefits and payroll processing.
- Select the Action menu and choose the Leave of Absence item from the drop-down menu.
Actions have associated Reasons. The action tells the PeopleSoft system what to do; the reason describes why it should be done.
For reporting purposes, it is important to accurately select the appropriate reason code.
- Select the Reason menu and choose the Education item from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the desired information into the Expected Return Date field using the mm/dd/yyyy format, or by selecting the calendar icon.
- Select the Save button.
- You have successfully entered a leave of absence - outgoing.
- End of procedure.