9.2 FMLA Submission and Processing in ctcLink
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to enter FMLA as an employee and an administrator in ctcLink.
Audience: Benefits Administrators, HR Administrators, Employees, Managers.
FMLA Submission and Processing
Submitting FMLA in ctcLink as an Employee
Navigation: Employee Self Service (Homepage) > Time (Tile) > Request Absence (Tile)
- The Time homepage displays.
- Select the Request Absence tile.
- The Request Absence page displays.
- FMLA must be entered, as an employee, through the Request Absence screen.
- FMLA is not its own Absence Name type, it will always be a reason associated with certain valid Absence Name types. The following leave types contain FMLA reasons:
- Sick Leave (CSL),
- Vacation (VAC),
- Personal Holiday (P/H),
- Personal Leave (PRL),
- Leave Without Pay (LWO).
- The duration and the amount of paid leave the employee wishes to take is up to the employee.
- If there is no balance available for the employee to take from paid leave types, then the employee must submit time coded to Leave Without Pay.
- It’s important that, if am FMLA reason is chosen for an absence, that the employee has consulted with their manager prior to submission.
Processing FMLA in ctcLink as an Administrator
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
- The Job Data search page displays.
- Enter the Empl ID.
- Select the Search button.
- The Job Data page displays.
- From the Work Location tab, select the [+] Add a New Row button.
- If an employee wishes to submit PAID leave associated with FMLA, the following system entry will need to be completed in Job Data.
- Action: Paid Leave of Absence.
- Reason: (choose the most relevant reason. As of 12/19/2016 there is not yet a reason requested by colleges under this Action for FMLA).
- Effective Date: Reference the employee Absence Request to choose the first date of the paid absence.
- If there is additional unpaid FMLA that must be coded into Job Data separately.
- If an employee wishes to submit UNPAID leave associated with FMLA, the following system entry will need to be completed in Job Data.
- Action: Leave of Absence.
- Reason: Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Effective Date: Reference the employee Absence Request to choose the first date of the unpaid absence.
- If there is additional paid FMLA that must be coded into Job Data separately.
- Once entry is complete in Job Data, it would typically be good practice to notify the Benefits and the Absence Admins at this time.
- The process to review the FMLA submission and processing is now complete.
- End of procedure.