9.2 Deleting Temporary Bills
Purpose: Use this document to delete a temporary bill within ctcLink.
Audience: Finance/Billing Specialist.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Billing Entry
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Overview: Temporary bills are copies of the billing pushed from Grants/Contracts to the billing modules. The deletion of these copies is a business decision for when, what, and who, should delete these.
There are two ways in which to delete these temporary bills. The first is in workflow set up in which the temporary bills can be deleted automatically at a predetermined setting. The second is through a manual process that gives you the control capability to delete as your business processes determine.
Deleting a temporary bill does not delete a permanent bill. A temporary bill is used to give the billing users the ability to review invoices from Grants/Contracts before finalizing.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Billing > Generate Invoices > Utilities > Delete Temporary Bills
- The Delete Temporary Bills page displays.
- Enter Business Unit.
- Select Search.
- Temporary bills are listed in the Temporary Bills Selection section.
- Now we must select which bills we wish to delete. We can select all bills, groups of similar bills, or individual bills.
- If you want to delete all temporary bills, select "All" in the *Select drop-down menu, then select the Trash Can icon.
- If you want to delete a group of similar bills, select "Contract" or "Customer" or "Project" in the *Select drop-down menu, then enter the group identifier, then select the Trash Can icon.
- If you want to delete individual bills, select the Sel box for the bills, then select the Trash Can icon.
- The selected temporary bills are now deleted.
- Process complete.