Finalize Bills via Single Action Invoice w/ Commitment Control
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for finalizing bills via single action invoice w/ commitment control in order to process Budget Check automatically in ctcLink.
Audience: Billing/AR Specialists.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Billing Entry
- ZZ Grant Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
This guide will walk you through finalizing bills. For additional details about which information your school requires, please refer to local business process policy and documentation.
Navigation: Billing > Generate Invoices > Non-consolidated > Single Action Invoice
- The Single Action Invoice search page displays.
- If you have run this process or report in the past, select the Find an Existing Value tab to enter an existing Run Control ID and select the Search button. If this is the first time running this process or report, select the Add a New Value tab to create a new Run Control ID and select the Add button.
- NOTE: It is important to note that Run Control IDs cannot be deleted. Do not include spaces in your Run Control. We encourage the Run Control ID to have the same process naming convention but unique to the step; because of this, including your institution code and a short process description in the Run Control ID is recommended--e.g., WA240_SINGLE_ACTION_KK (College, Process).
- NOTE: Select the Print Options tab and select the "Summarization Options" radio button to = Print Both Summarized & Detail. This setting will ensure both the Detail and Summary Invoices will be generated. Once this setting is saved, it will be set as long as this Run Control ID is valid. In case you need to create a new Run Control ID, this custom setting will need to be updated and saved.
- The Single Action Invoice page displays.
- Select Batch Standard in the Posting Action section.
- Select an appropriate Range Selection and provide the definition values for that range. The following example is for Range Selection = Invoice ID which requests additional criteria:
- Business Unit
- From Invoice
- To Invoice
- Select the Bills To Be Processed icon to review bills in your selected range with a status of ready (RDY).
Optional to enter a range of data values for your Business Unit, such as From Invoice = MSC-0000021220 and To Invoice = MSC-0000021224
- The Bills To Be Processed window opens. Only Bills in 'RDY' status will be processed in ctcLink. Review the Bill(s) ready to be finalized into Invoice(s).
- Select Return.
If the Bills To Be Processed window is 'blank', stop here. Your invoice may still be in 'NEW' status, have errors, and/or depending upon your local college business practice requires supervisor Approval. Go back to review the Bill(s) in process.
- The Bills To Be Processed window disappears. The Single Action Invoice page displays.
- Select the Run button.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays.
- Check the Single Action w/ Comm Cntl process checkbox (this will make sure the process runs through Commitment Control).
- Scroll down the page to select the OK button.
- The Process Scheduler Request page disappears. The updated Single Action Invoice page displays. Note the Process Instance number.
- Select Process Monitor to review the status of the process. Refer to the QRG Process Scheduler/Process Monitor for instructions or more information.
- Optional to select the Process Name hyperlink BIJOB03K to open to view the Process Detail window.
- Select the Refresh button to update status. When the process is complete (expect this multi-process to take a while) or runs to success, select the Return button or close out the window.
- Select the Report Manager link. Refer to the QRG Report Manager for additional information.
- On the Report Manager page, select the Administration tab.
- Select the BI_PRNXPN01-BI_PRNXPN01.pdf link to open the finalized invoice on a new page. Optional to print, save or download finalized invoice.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View the external link to Finalize Bills via Single Action Invoice w/ Commitment Control. This link will open in a new tab/window.