9.2 Submitting a Grant Proposal
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for submitting a grant proposal in ctcLink.
Audience: Finance/Grant Fiscal Staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Proposal Processing
You must also set these User Preference Definitions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or User Preference Definitions, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Submitting a Grant Proposal
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Grants > Proposals > Submit Proposal
- On the Submit Proposal search page, enter or select the Business Unit.
- Enter or select the Proposal ID.
- Enter or select the Version ID.
- Select Search. The Submit Proposal page will display.
Note: The proposal must be in at least a Draft status to be eligible for submission.
- Use the Submission tab to prepare the current version of the grant proposal for submission.
- Select Submitted in Submit Status.
Note: After a proposal version is marked as Submitted, proposal information for that version can no longer be modified. To make any modifications to a proposal after it has been submitted, create a new version of the proposal.
- Enter or select the appropriate date in the Received field.
- Use the Transmission By drop-down field to select the appropriate method used to submit the grant proposal.
- Enter the appropriate information in the Sponsor Proposal ID field, i.e. sponsor user ID, EMPL ID, name, etc.
- Enter or select the appropriate location in the Location field.
- Select Save.
Note: The date and time stamp now appears to the right of the Submitted On field.
- Select the Official tab.
- Use the Official tab to store information regarding officials for a proposal submission. This is separate from the proposal pages to enable different security to operate for institution officials.
Note: Use the Approvers section to enter the officials who are authorized to approve the submission of the proposal. Officials are mapped to the proposal forms based on their official type. These officials come from the Institution Contacts page. Authorized officials can approve and sign the proposal. The IDs are prompted from a control table that contains authorized officials within the institution.
- Select the Submit for Approval checkbox to indicate the proposal has been submitted for external approval. Note that the system does not enforce this check.
- Enter or select the appropriate Administrative, Financial, and Signing Official. Select the officials who should approve the submission of the proposal. Officials are mapped to the proposal forms based on official type. These officials come from the Institution Contacts page. Authorized officials can approve and sign the proposal. Their IDs are prompted from a control table that contains authorized officials within the institution. The operator ID must match that of the signing official to activate the submission button.
- As appropriate, select the Approved checkbox for each official to approve the proposal.
- Select Save.
- Select the Return to Maintain Proposal link. The Maintain Proposal page will display.
- On the Maintain Proposal page, note that the Proposal Status now indicates Submitted.
- Process complete.
Add your comment