Comments - Comment Category Table
Purpose: This page is used to create comment categories in ctcLink.
Audience: Campus Solutions 3Cs staff
You must have at least one of these local college-managed security roles:
- ZC CC 3Cs Config
- ZD CC 3Cs Config
- ZZ CC 3Cs Config
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
You must also set the following SACR Security permissions:
Comment Category Table
Navigation: Campus Community > Comments > Set Up Comments > Comment Category Table
- The default option is Find an Existing Value. Select Search to view existing values.
- Click the Add a New Value tab to add a new Comment Category.
- Enter or look up the Academic Institution by selecting the looking glass.
- Enter a Comment Category; six characters max.
- Select the Add button.
- The Comment Categories page displays.
- Effective Date: Input the earliest date the Comment can be assigned.
- Status: This needs to be set as "Active" for the Comment to be able to be assigned.
- Description: Comment category name; 30 characters max.
- Short Description: 12 characters max.
- Allow Any Term: Only displays when STRM using administrative function.
- Administrative Function: Select the Administrative Function.
- Comments: A Comment Category can be pre-populated with Comments. In the Comments setup box, any text entered will be auto-populated when the comment is assigned to the student's record.
Changes Allowed: This will allow users to change or append the Comment if selected.
- Yes: It is possible for users to edit the default Comment.
- No: It is not possible for users to edit or add to a Comment.
- Append: Adding to the default Comment is possible without editing it.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Comment Category Table. This link will open in a new tab/window.