View Generated Communication for a Student
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for viewing a communication for an individual student in ctcLink.
Audience: All Staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC CC 3Cs User
- ZD CC 3Cs User
- ZZ CC 3Cs User
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
You must also set these SACR Security permissions:
View Generated Communication
Person Communication is used to view the output generated by the 3C Engine:
- Review the actual message sent to the recipient.
- There is a regeneration of the template each time.
- Dates of communications are preserved based on the effective date.
Navigation: Campus Community > Communications > Person Communications > Communication Management
- The Communication Management search page displays.
- The page defaults to the Find an Existing Value tab.
- Enter the student's ID.
- Select Search.
- Select the desired communication to view if the student has received more than one communication.
- The Person Communication tab displays.
- Scroll down to the Communication Outcome section.
- Select the View Generated Communication link. The link appears only when the Communication Generation process generates a communication, and the Letter Printed Data field in the Standard Letter Table CS component for the letter code used is set to All or Name/Address Only.
- The View Communication page displays.
- Select View.
- The student's communication displays.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to View Generated Communication for a Student. This link will open in a new tab/window.