3C Engine - Event Definitions
Purpose: Use this document as a guide to managing 3C Event Definitions in ctcLink.
Audience: Campus Solutions staff.
You must have at least one of these local college-managed security roles:
- ZC CC 3Cs Config
- ZC FA Local Configuration
- ZD CC 3Cs Config
- ZD FA Local Configuration
- ZZ CC 3Cs Config
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
You must also set the following SACR Security permissions:
Navigation: Campus Community > 3C Engine > Set Up 3C Engine > Event Definition
- The Event Definition search page displays.
- The page defaults to Find an Existing Value. Select Search to view existing values.
- Select the Add a New Value tab to define a new Event ID.
- Create an Event ID following the naming convention outlined in the QRG 3C Configuration - Campus Solutions 3Cs and Message Center Naming Conventions.
- Select Add.
Event Definition Page
- Change the Effective Date to 01/01/1901.
- Enter a Description.
- Enter a Short Description.
- Select the appropriate Function.
- Status defaults to Active.
- Enter or look up the Communication Key.
- Detail – When you press Tab, Detail becomes a link. The link will take you to the Comm Key Detail page, where you can view or edit the details of the specified Communication Key. Update any missing elements on the appropriate page if necessary.
- Select Save.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to 3C Engine - Event Definitions. This link will open in a new tab/window.