Message Center Departments, Regardings, and 3C Security
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to add, update, or verify message center department regardings.
Audience: Staff using Message Center.
You must have at least one of these local college-managed security roles:
- ZZ HP Msg Center Config
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
You also need to set the following SACR Security permissions:
Departments, Regardings, and 3C Security
Navigation: HighPoint > Message Center > Setup > Departments and Regardings
- The default option is Find an Existing Value. Select Search to view existing values.
- Click the Add a New Value tab to create a new Department ID.
- Enter or look up the Academic Institution by selecting the looking glass.
- Enter a new Department ID (max ten characters).
- Select the Add button.
- Select the Department name to verify/update Regardings or the Add A New Value tab to create a new department.
- If entering a new Department, add the following:
- Description: This description is viewable to students in the Message Center.
- Regardings: Enter a topic description that will be viewable by students in the Message Center.
- Show Sender on Student's View of Message: For each Regarding, identify if the sender is viewable by the student. This will show the student the name of the person who sent the message; this is based on the user ID of the sender and the name available in PeopleSoft.
- Select the Add a New Row [+] icon for additional Regardings.
- Select Save.
- 3C Group: Identify the 3C Groups that can use this Department for messages. Only users with the row-level security for this 3C group can use this department when sending messages. Work with your campus security administrators to adjust user row-level security as needed.
- Select Save.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Departments, Regardings, and 3C Security. This link will open in a new tab/window.