Checklists - Update Items - by Item
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for updating checklist items for multiple students in ctcLink.
Audience: College staff.
You must have at least one of these local college-managed security roles:
- ZC CC 3Cs User
- ZD CC 3Cs User
- ZZ CC 3Cs User
You must also set these SACR Security permissions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or SACR settings, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
This process allows you to complete a checklist item for several students at once. It's a two-step process:
- First, we will gather up a list of students who have completed the same checklist item.
- Second, we will run a batch process to update the status of the checklist item for the students you gathered in the first step.
Navigation: Campus Community > Checklists > Person Checklists > Item Update - by Item
- The Item Update - by Item search page displays.
- The page defaults to Find an Existing Value. Select Search to view existing values.
- Select the Add a New Value tab to define a new Checklist Item Code.
- Create a Checklist Item Code following the naming convention outlined in the QRG 3C Configuration - Campus Solutions 3Cs and Message Center Naming Conventions.
- Select Add.
- The Item Update-by Item page displays.
- Enter the ID of a student who completed the checklist item.
- Select the Add a New Row [+] button to add a student.
- After you've added all your students, select Save.
Navigation: Campus Community > Checklists > Process Checklists > Update Checklist Item- by Item
- The Update Checklist Item- by Item search page displays.
- If you have run this process or report in the past, select the Find an Existing Value tab to enter an existing Run Control ID and select the Search button. If this is the first time running this process or report, select the Add a New Value tab to create a new Run Control ID and select the Add button.
- NOTE: It is important to note that Run Control IDs cannot be deleted. Do not include spaces in your Run Control. We encourage the Run Control ID to have the same process naming convention but unique to the step; because of this, including your institution code and a short process description in the Run Control ID is recommended--e.g., WA220_UPDATE_CHECKLIST_ITEM_BY_ITEM.
- The Update Checklist Item-by Item page displays.
- Select the One Item radio button.
- Enter the same Checklist Item Code that you entered above in Step 1.
- Select Run. Please refer to the Process Scheduling QRG for instructions.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View the external link to Update Items by Items. This link will open in a new tab/window.