9.2 Communications - Using the Reset Communications Process
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for running the Reset Communication process in ctcLink.
Audience: College staff responsible for running the Communication Generation process.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC CC 3Cs User
- ZD CC 3Cs User
- ZZ CC 3Cs User
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
If the Communication Generation process that sends out the communications results in an error, the reset communication process can be used to reset the records to be processed so that they can be picked up after the error has been resolved.
Before running this process it is advised to review the log files and resolve the error prior to running the Reset Communication process or Re-running the Communication Generation process.
Using the Reset Communications Process
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Campus Community > Communications > Reset Communication
Make note of the Process Instance number from your failed Communication Generation run control process, as this will be needed to run the Reset Communication process.
- The Reset Communication run control ID search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter Run Control ID.
- Select Add.
- The Reset Communication page displays.
- Enter Process Instance of the failed Communication Generation process.
- Select ID Selection = "All Person IDs".
- Select Run. Please refer to the Process Scheduler QRG for instructions.
- You can now re-run the Communication Generation process by using the Communications - Assigning and Sending PeopleSoft Communications (3C Engine and Communication Generation) QRG.
- Process complete.
Add your comment