9.2 Message Center - Managing Replies and Searching for Message Threads
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to manage message center replies using Message Center in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Services taff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD HP Msg Center User
- ZZ HP Msg Center Config
- ZZ HP Msg Center User
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Searching for Messages
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > HighPoint > Message Center > Thread Inquiry
- The thread inquiry page allows you to use variable criteria to view messages sent to a student and respond to replies from a student.
- Use the various search filters to find replies and view read/unread messages.
- Institution: Select from drop-down.
- Department: Select from drop-down.
- All other fields are optional, users can search by read/unread status, student name, ID, etc.
Thread Information: All fields in this section are optional.
- Open status indicates that the student has sent a reply and the thread is pending a response.
- Closed status allows users to view previously sent messages that did not allow students to respond or there is not a response needed.
- Created By: Input the ID of the person who sent the messages.
Letter Code Information.
- Use this tool to search by specific letter code.
- Search Filters.
- Select Search to display a list of messages.
Messages in Open Status mean that a student has sent a reply, it is recommended that colleges designate a person in each department to review open messages daily to manage replies
Managing Student Replies
- For messages in Open thread status, these are messages that need a reply.
- To send a reply, click the View Thread icon in the search results.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to read student's reply.
- Change the Status at the top of the page to Closed.
- Input response in Reply box.
- Select the Submit Reply button.
- This will return you to the search results page.
- Select the Return button to return to Inquiry list without sending a reply.
When a student replies to a message in Closed status it will change the message status to Open. It is advised to always mark the status as closed when replying to a student's message as this will allow users to search for messages in open status to filter which messages need to be reviewed. The page does not automatically change the status to Closed when a staff reply is sent.
- If you want to close the threaded discussion with the student on a specific topic:
- Change the message status to Closed.
- Uncheck the Allow Replies box.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.
Add your comment