Set Up User Defaults for Communications
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to set up user defaults for communication within ctcLink.
Audience: Staff assigning comments, checklists, or communications
You must have at least one of these local college-managed security roles:
- ZD Local Security Admin
- ZZ Local SACR Security Admin
- ZZ SACR User Defaults
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
You must also set the following SACR Security permissions:
With communication speed keys, you can specify common communication data with shortcuts.
Navigation: Set Up SACR > User Defaults
Select the Communication Speed Keys tab/hyperlink on the User Defaults page.
- Enter or look up the Academic Institution.
- Enter or look up the correct Administrative Function.
- Select the Add a New Row [+] button under the Communication Key bar to add additional speed keys for the same Administrative Function.
- To add additional Communication Speed Keys for other Administrative Functions, select the Add a New Row [+] button under the Administrative Function bar and add the Administrative Function.
- Enter or look up the correct Communication Key.
- Select the Save button once all Speed Keys have been entered.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Set Up User Defaults for Communications. This link will open in a new tab/window.