9.2 Approving Journals
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for approving journals in ctcLink, which also 'marks' the journal for posting upon approval.
Audience: Financial Staff who have approval permissions.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ GL Journal Approval
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Security: The role required to allow a user to approval a journal is ZZ GL Journal Approval. Assignment of this role also requires that the Business Unit be defined on the Route Control Profile of user's security on the Distributed User Profile page.
A user may not approve journal they themselves have created, therefore each institution needs a minimum of two users with the security role shown above.
Navigation: FIN > Approvals Tile
- From the FIN Homepage, select the Approvals tile. The Pending Approvals page will display.
- On the Pending Approvals page, select Journal Entry in the Task (left) area. The Journal Entries that are pending approval will display.
- On the Pending Approvals page, check the box for the desired Journal Entry.
- Enter a relevant Comment.
- Select Approve in the upper right corner. The Mass Approve pagelet will display.
- On the Mass Approve pagelet, comments can still be edited.
- Select Submit. The Pending Approvals page will redisplay.
- On the Pending Approvals page, note the Journal Entry that was approved is no longer listed.
- Process complete.