9.2 Personalize Journal Pages
Purpose: Personalize journal pages from the Create/Update Journal Entries page in ctcLink.
Audience: Finance staff.
Recent updates to PeopleSoft have changed the way we personalize sections on the Create/Update Journal Entries page. Although we are demonstrating only one page, these same updates will be applicable to other pages as well where you find the Personalize link has been replaced by the Action Grid Menu icon.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ GL Journal Entry
You must also set these User Preference Definitions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or User Preference Definitions, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > General ledger > Journals > Journal Entry > Create/Update Journal Entries
- The Create/Update Journal Entries search page displays.
- Select the Find an Existing Value tab and enter the Search Criteria.
- Select the Search button.
- The Search Results display.
- Select the applicable Journal Date link.
- The Header tab on the Create/Update Journal Entries page displays.
- Select the Lines tab.
- The Lines tab displays. In this new view there is no longer a Personalize link to the right in the first row of the Lines section of the page. In its place is an icon called the Grid Action Menu. It resembles a spreadsheet table and is located on the left side of that same first row.
- Select the Grid Action Menu icon.
- The Grid Action Menu sub-menu displays.
- Select the Personalize list item.
- The new Grid Customization page displays. This is where you can now personalize fields in the Lines section of the page.
- The options to personalize this page include:
- Hidden - select the checkbox in the Hidden column for fields you do not need to display on the page.
- Frozen - select this checkbox so that the order cannot be changed.
- Column order - define the order to display on the page by assigning a numerical value to each field.
- Sort Order - allows you to prioritize the data in the order important to you.
- Once you have finished personalizing, select the OK button to return to the Create/Update Journal Entries page.
Note: You can repeat this process in any section that you see the Action Grid Menu icon.
- You have successfully personalized a journal page.
- End of procedure.
The previous PS version of the Lines section is displayed below. Notice the Personalize link to the right and the lack of any icon to the left.
The previous version of the Grid Customization page is displayed below. As you can see, it is very different!