9.2 Posting Journals
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for posting journals to the General Ledger in ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Staff
Perform this procedure when you are ready to post journals to the General Ledger.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ General Ledger Processing
You must also set these User Preference Definitions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or User Preference Definitions, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Prerequisite: Before you post journals to the General Ledger, you must mark them for posting. Marking journals for posting indicates that the journal entries should be included in any posting requests that are pending. You can exclude certain journals from posting until you review and approve them.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > General Ledger > Journals > Process Journals > Mark Journals for Posting
Using Mark Journals for Posting will bypass the Approval process.
The Mark Journals for Posting page displays. It enables you to select the journals for subsequent posting.
- Select or enter search criteria for the following required fields:
- Unit (business unit)
- Ledger Group
- Year (accounting year)
- Enter additional search criteria as needed.
Note: You can use a wildcard (%) in the Unit, Source, and Journal ID fields to return all values.
- Select Search. The Select Journals to Post grid is populated.
- In the Select Journals to Post grid, select the Process box for each journal you want to post, then select Post Selected Journals.
- A confirmation message box displays. Read it, then select OK.
- The Post Journals Request page displays.
- Select the Skip Open Item Reconciliation checkbox to postpone closing the open items and to skip item reconciliation until after the journal is posted. Selecting this option can save time during journal posting.
Note: You can run the Open Item Reconciliation process (GLPPOITM) separately at a later time.
- Select Run.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays. Use it to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format, if applicable.
- Use the Server Name drop-down button to select the appropriate processing server for the request.
Note: You can leave the Server Name field blank.
- Select OK.
- The Process Scheduler Request page disappears. The updated Post Journals Request page displays. Note the Process Instance number. Select Process Monitor, then refer to the Process Monitor QRG for instructions.
Note: A process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check its status.
- Process complete.