9.2 Setting General Ledger User Preferences
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for setting up GL User Preferences
Audience: Finance or Business Office Staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD Local Security Admin
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > User Preferences > Define User Preferences
- The User Preferences search page is populated with the User ID with which you are currently signed in.
- Select the Search button.
- Use the User Preferences page to define user defaults for overall preferences and application-specific preferences, such as General Ledger.
- Select the General Ledger menu.
- Use the General Ledger page to define general ledger-specific profiles for users.
- Supply the default ledger, ledger group, and journal source to appear on pages for this user. Enter the most commonly-used values for the user in order to save keystrokes when entering data.
- Select the Journal Entry Options for this user. For example, the Date Code is displayed on journal lines only for users with the Enter Date Code Adjustments check box selected here - The Date Code is used to capture and report on multiple dates for single transactions, such as trade date and settlement date, in compliance with accounting standards.
- PeopleSoft General Ledger uses the Journal Post Defaults options whenever you post journals from the Journal Entry component - Deselecting an option here ensures that the deselected action is performed when this User ID posts a journal from the Journal Entry - Lines page.
- Select the Skip Open Item Reconciliation option to bypass open item reconciliation processing when the specified user posts an online journal entry. The user can reconcile the open items at a later time by using the Open Item Maintenance page - Deselect this check box to process open items during the online posting process - Select the Skip Open Item Reconciliation option.
- In the Online Journal Edit Defaults section, to Edit a previously edited journal, select the Re-Edit Previously Edited check the box.
Do not select the Mark Journal(s) to Post, for this interferes with workflow.
- Select the Save button.
- End of procedure.