Copying a Proposal
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for copying an existing Grant Award proposal's information into a new proposal in ctcLink.
Audience: Finance/Grant Fiscal Staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Proposal Processing
You must also set these User Preference Definitions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or User Preference Definitions, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: Grants > Proposals > Copy Proposal Budget Period
- On the Copy Proposal search page, enter or select the Business Unit.
- Enter or lookup the proposal number of the existing proposal to copy from in the Proposal ID field.
- Select Search. The Copy Proposal page will display.
- Ensure that at least one project has a check mark. Also, one project has to have the Primary Project checkbox marked.
- The To Start Date on the budget period section and can be no earlier than the To Start Date given to the proposal.
- Use the View All link to view all Projects IDs.
- Optional to update Budget ID name(s) in new Proposal.
- At the bottom of the page, utilize the 'Previous in List' and 'Next in List' buttons to view all available Proposals.
- The 'From Proposal' field has the original Proposal number entered in the initial search criteria and the 'To Proposal' field has the word NEXT in it to allow the new proposal to become the next available Proposal ID. Leave NEXT in this field.
- In the new Proposal 'To Start Date' field, enter or select the date of the new proposal To Start Date. The Budget Period To Start Date and To End Date fields auto populate (optional to update or change To End Date as needed).
- In the Project section, leave NEXT in the To Project ID field to allow the system to assign the next sequential number upon selecting the Copy button.
- Select (or deselect) the Project and Budget checkboxes to include (or not include) them in the copy process for the new Proposal.
- In the Budget section, make sure that at least one Budget ID is selected to be copied for each project. The To Budget ID field should have the same value as the From Budget ID field. Optional to deselect Budget ID(s) to not copy onto new Proposal.
- Select the Copy button.
- A new proposal has been created with a new Proposal number and Project ID(s). All fields on the new Proposal page appear by default from the Proposal that was copied except the values that were changed on the Copy Proposal page.
Notice one of the Budget IDs (PRJDV) was deselected in the example above and upon copying the Proposal is that Budget ID will not be a part of the new Proposal. Only Activities ADMIN and INSTR was be copied to new Proposal ID 4296.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View the external link to Copying a Proposal. This link will open in a new tab/window.