9.2 Copying a Proposal
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for copying an existing proposal’s information into a new proposal in ctcLink.
Audience: Finance/Grant Fiscal Staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Proposal Processing
You must also set these User Preference Definitions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or User Preference Definitions, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Copying a Proposal
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Grants > Proposals > Copy Proposal
- On the Copy Proposal search page, enter or select the Business Unit.
- Enter or select the proposal number of the existing proposal to copy from in the Proposal ID field.
- Enter or select the version in the Version ID field.
- Select Search. The Copy Proposal page will display.
- On the Copy Proposal page, in the Header section, the From Proposal field has the proposal id entered in the initial search criteria and the To Proposal field has the word NEXT in it to allow the new proposal to become the next available Proposal ID.
- Also in the Header section, enter or select the date the new proposal is set to begin in the To Start Date field.
- In the Project section, leave NEXT in the To Project ID field to allow the system to assign the next sequential number upon selecting the Copy button.
- Select (or deselect) the Project and Budget checkboxes to include (or not include) them in the copy process for the new Proposal.
Note: Ensure that at least one project has a check mark. Also, one project has to have the Primary Project checkbox marked.
- In the Budget section, make sure that at least one Budget ID is selected to be copied for each project. The To Budget ID field should have the same value as the From Budget ID field.
- In the Budget Period section, enter or select the date the new budget period is set to begin in the To Start Date field.
Note: The To Start Date on the budget period section and can be no earlier than the To Start Date given to the proposal.
- Also in the Budget Period section, enter or select the date for the end of the proposal budget period in the To End Date field.
- Select the Copy button.
- A new proposal has been created with a new Proposal number and Project ID(s). All fields on the new Proposal page appear by default from the Proposal that was copied except the values that were changed on the Copy Proposal page.
- Process complete.
Add your comment