9.2 MSS Manage Exceptions (Fluid)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for managing exceptions for employees in ctcLink.
Audience: Managers and Time Administrators.
Manager Self Service Manage Exceptions
Navigation: Manager Self Service (homepage) > Team Time (tile) > Manage Exceptions
- The Team Time page displays.
- Select the Manage Exceptions heading on the left side.
- The Manage Exceptions page is displayed.
- This page takes the manager directly to a view that shows all their employees’ exceptions:
- Fix: Displays non-allowable exceptions that must be cleared up at the timesheet level.
- Allow: These are exceptions that can be allowed to pass through time processing, managers should not perform this action, only Time Administrators should be allowing exceptions.
- All: Displays all exceptions.
- There is a Filter button in the top left hand corner of the section. This can be used to narrow the scope of the exceptions being looked at by the manager, but typically there should not be so many that the filter is needed.
- Selecting the exception allows the manager to perform some actions against the exception. However, it’s always better to look at the date associated with the exception and fix the error in Enter Time.
- Note: If the associated date is in a prior pay period then the manager must inform HR and a Time Administrator will need to fix it.
- After either the employee or manager submits the correction in Enter Time, they must wait for time to process to see the exception clear. Time is processed periodically, but at minimum it is performed overnight.
- The process to manage exceptions is now complete.
- End of procedure.