Running Search/Match (Fluid)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to run search/match in ctcLink Fluid, using the Admissions Processing section of the CS Staff Homepage.
Audience: Student Services staff.
You must always run the Search/Match process before adding a New Application. The creation of duplicate IDs is highly detrimental to Records and Financial Aid, especially in a global system.
Navigation: ctcLink CS Staff Homepage > Admissions Processing Tile
- The Admissions Process page displays.
- Select the Entering Applications menu from the side navigation bar.
- The Entering Applications menu expands.
- Select the Search/Match sub-menu item.
- The Search Match page displays.
- Select Search Type and Search Parameter.
- Select Search.
- The Search Criteria page displays.
- Input the Search Results Code.
- Input the available information in the Search Criteria fields:
- Address Line 1
- First Name Search
- Last Name Search
- Date of Birth
- National ID
- Select Search.
- If matches are found, select Detail to view the matching Person Records to determine if it is a match. The Add/ Update a Person page opens in a new window.
Note: The"Person Organization Summary" link under the Additional Information tab links to HCM. This link is non-functional for staff who do not have access to employment records in HCM. HCM employment records are not necessary to run Search/ Match.
- If the person is a match, close the new window and select Carry ID to use a found ID.
- If no matches are found, user can enter alternative person details to verify there is no matches.
- Or, if no additional details available, user can navigate to page to add a New Applicant, Prospect or Person record.