Maintain Schedule of Classes (Fluid)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for maintaining the schedule of classes via Fluid navigation in ctcLink.
Audience: Curriculum Management staff.
This page can be used to add additional class sections or to modify existing class sections. Changes can be made to an existing section without inserting a new row, for the purpose of this QRG the steps will review adding a new section. For updating an existing section, you can go to the Class element to be updated and make changes there.
Maintain Schedule of Classes
Navigation: ctcLink CS Staff Homepage > Curriculum Management Tile
- The Curriculum Management page displays.
- Expand the Class Scheduling folder on left.
- Select the Maintain Schedule of Classes list item.
- The 9.2 Maintain Schedule of Classes search page displays.
- Enter Search Criteria to identify your class-includes Academic Institution, Term and Course ID.
- Select Search.
- The Basic Data tab displays.
- Select the Add a New Row [+] icon to add a new class section.
- Select the applicable Session for each component.
- The Class Section field represents a unique alphanumeric designator for a class section. Enter the desired value in the Class Section field for each class.
- The Component field is automatically populated based on catalog data.
- Select the Auto Create Component button to have the system automatically create each component for multi-component courses.
- The Class Type indicates which component is the primary section at enrollment. Within a class, only one component can possess the Class Type of Enrollment.
- Select the applicable Class Type for each component.
- The Associated Class number is automatically assigned at component creation. Multi-component classes are automatically associated to each other to constitute a single class. This value can be changed as necessary.
- The system populates the Campus field by default from the Course Catalog - Offerings page, indicating the campus that offers the course. This default value cannot not be changed.
- The Location field is automatically populated at component creation based on Course Catalog data. This value can be changed as necessary.
- The Academic Organization field is automatically populated at component creation based on Course Catalog data. This value can be changed as necessary.
- Select the applicable Holiday Schedule.
- The Instruction Mode field is automatically populated at component creation. This value can be changed as necessary.
- Start/End Date fields are automatically populated based on the term/session calendar dates. These values can be overridden for an individual class section.
- Select the Add Fee button to define individual class section fees charged in addition to or instead of course fees.
- The Schedule Print box is automatically checked based on Course Catalog data. This can be unchecked if the class should not be searchable on the Class Schedule.
- As necessary, check the Student Specific Permissions box to make this class section's Permission Numbers generate by student emplID only.
- Colleges not yet live on ctcLink who are working on Curriculum Management tasks in production should provide a Legacy Item Number in the Attribute field. All other colleges should leave the Attribute set to zero.
- Course Attributes are automatically populated at component creation based on Course Catalog data. Add additional attributes as necessary.
- Select the Meetings tab.
- The Meetings tab displays.
- Select/Enter the desired data in these fields:
- Facility ID
- Mtg Start
- Mtg End
- Instructor ID in Instructors For Meeting Pattern section
- Select a value from Access drop-down list to allow instructors access to their grade roster--Approve, Grade, or Post. (Required for each component)
- Approve: Instructor can enter grades and approve the grade roster.
- Grade: Instructor can only enter grades for the class.
- Post: Instructor can enter grades, approve the roster, and post the grades.
Query: CTC_SR_NO_GRADE_APPROVAL identifies instructors without a value in the Access field.
- Select the Enrollment Control tab.
- The Enrollment Control tab displays.
- The Add Consent and Drop Consent fields are automatically populated based on Course Catalog data. These values may be changed to require different levels of permission to add or drop an individual class.
- As necessary, enter the applicable section to be automatically enrolled in when this section is selected in the 1st Auto Enroll Section field.
- Select/Enter the desired data in these fields:
- Requested Room Capacity
- Enrollment Capacity
- Wait List Capacity
- Select the Reserve Cap tab (optional).
- The Reserve Cap tab displays.
- As necessary, enter a Start Date and select the applicable Requirement Group to assign reserved capacity for a particular class section.
- Select the Notes tab (optional).
- The Notes tab displays.
- Enter Class Notes as needed.
- Select Save. ctcLink assigns a unique and permanent Class Nbr.