3C Engine - Trigger Definitions
Purpose: Use this document to manage trigger definitions in ctcLink.
Audience: Campus Solutions staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC CC 3Cs Config
- ZD CC 3Cs Config
- ZZ CC 3Cs Config
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
You must also set the following SACR Security permissions:
The Trigger Definition connects the event definition to the specific system action that will trigger the assignment of the 3C item. To set up a new trigger, users must select a record and an action in the system that will cause the event. (There are no current set-ups for 3C triggers.) The video illustrates a trigger on an event that will happen when a student is admitted to a specific program (ACAD).
Navigation: Campus Community > 3C Engine > Set Up 3C Engine > Trigger Definition
- The default option is Find an Existing Value. Select Search to view existing values.
- Click the Add a New Value tab to create a new Trigger Definition.
- Enter or look up the Academic Institution by selecting the looking glass.
- Enter or look up the Record (Table) Name.
- Select a Trigger Action. Some are table-specific triggers, and they identify record or field-level conditions associated with the 3C engine event definition. The trigger conditions are met when new data is created, changed, or deleted.
- Click Add.
- The Trigger Definition page displays.
- Trigger Level: Click the Trigger Level drop-down menu and choose Record or Field.
- Function: Enter or look up an Administrative Function.
- Select Trigger Assignment = "System."
- Enter or look up the Field Level Event ID.
- Enter or look up Field Conditions: Field Name, Operator, and Field Value.
- Select the Add a New Row [+] button on the right side to create additional Field Conditions.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to 3C Engine - Trigger Definitions. This link will open in a new tab/window.