9.2 Message Center Department and Regardings
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to add, update, or verify message center department regardings.
Audience: Staff using Message Center.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ HP Msg Center Config
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Message Center Dept/Regardings
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > HighPoint > Message Center > Setup > Departments and Regardings
- Input Institution code and select the Search button to view available Departments.
- Select the Department name to verify/update Regardings or select the Add A New Value tab to create a new department.
- If entering a new Department add the following:
- Description: This description is what is viewable to students in the Message Center.
- Regardings: Enter a topic description that will be viewable by students in the Message Center.
- Show Sender on Student's View of Message: For each Regarding identify if the sender is viewable by the student. This will show the student the name of the person who sent the message, this is based on the user ID of the sender and the name available in PeopleSoft.
- Select the Add a New Row [+] icon to add additional Regardings.
- Select Save.
- 3C Group: Identify the 3C Groups that can use this Department for messages. Only users with the row level security for this 3C's group can use this department when sending messages. Work with your campus security administrator's to adjust user row level security as needed.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.
The ability to create and define departments and regardings for the Message Center requires the ZZ HP Msg Center Config security role.
Add your comment