Adding Programs to ChartField Definitions
Purpose: Use this document to add programs (also called a Program Code) for colleges that have programs or colleges who would like to set up a Program code for BFET.
Audience: Finance staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD GL Local Config Inquiry
- ZZ GL Local Configuration
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Design ChartFields > Define Values > ChartField Values
- The ChartField Values page displays.
- Select the Program Code link.
- The Program Code search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter your college Business Unit as the SetID
- Enter a locally defined Program Code.
- Select Add.
- The Program Code page displays.
- Enter an Effective Date. NOTE: The Effective Date may not be the date that you're entering this transaction. The beginning of a fiscal year would be most common and thus the Effective Date would take the format of "07/01/XXXX".
- The Status defaults to "Active".
- Enter a meaningful Description.
- Enter a Short Description.
- Enter a Manager Name.
- Select the Save button.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View the external link to Adding Programs to ChartField Definitions. This link will open in a new tab/window.