9.2 Updating Second Journal Set General Ledger
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for updating second journal sets data in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Financials staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD SACR 2nd Jrnl SetUp
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
As of 7/10/2023, access to Second Journal Set item types is view only. To edit and/or create a new SJS item type, please submit a ticket to SBCTC.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up SACR > Product Related > Student Financials > CTC Custom > GL 2nd Journal Set Setup
There is no Add a New Value tab on this page. This custom page pulls information from the initial item type setup, so if the item type does not exist, it will not show up on this page.
- The 2nd JournalSet Setup search page displays.
- Enter SetID.
- Enter Item Type.
- Select Search.
- The GL 2nd Journal Set Setup page displays.
- Select the Add a New Row [+] icon to create a new effective-dated row.
- A new row is generated, it will contain the same Chartfield data.
- Enter a new Effective Date if it will be different to the current date.
- The Effective Date will designate when the new chart string data will be utilized. In other words, be sure that the date corresponds appropriately to the time frame associated with the new general ledger data.
Does your item type have any values and/or is it new? If the journal chart fields are not populated, do not add a new row with the plus (+) button, simply complete the chart fields per the QRG.
- Select the blue Journal Set ChartFields link.
Chartstring data entry may only occur through the hyperlink.
- The Journal Set ChartFields page displays.
- Update the appropriate fields for the Chartfield strings.
- Usually, both the Debit and Credit sets are updated.
- Select OK.
- You will be returned to the Set Up page.
When updating Financial Aid related Second Journal Sets, please confirm numbering with the Second Journal Set F/A Expenditure Accounts.
- The GL 2nd Journal Set Setup page displays with updated data.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.