9.2 Specify Open Update Periods for Month-End/Soft Close
Purpose: Use as a reference for how to Specify Open Update Periods for Month-End/Soft Close.
Audience: Accounting Supervisor, Accounting Manager.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD CC Local Config Inq
- ZD GL Local Config Inquiry
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
*Note: Ensure appropriate reports have been run prior to Month-End close as well as after Month-End close.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > General Ledger > Open Periods > Open Period Update
- The Open Period Update search page displays.
- Enter 'GL' in PeopleSoft Product.
- Use the Look Up icon or enter the appropriate information in the Business Unit field.
- Use the Look Up icon or enter the appropriate information into the Ledger Group field.
- Select Search.
- The Open Period Update page displays.
- Update the From Year field for each Trans Type.
- Update the From Period field for each Trans Type.
- Update the To Year field for each Trans Type.
- Update the To Period field for each Trans Type.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.