9.2 Generate an Award
Purpose: After you submit a proposal and the sponsor approves it for funding, you will then need to generate an Award. The Award Generation process brings specified information from the proposal into award tables in PeopleSoft Grants. This process also maps proposal-related fields in PeopleSoft Grants to fields in PeopleSoft Contracts and PeopleSoft Project Costing.
Audience: Finance/Grant Fiscal Staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC Awards Processing
- ZZ Awards Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Generate an Award
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Grants > Proposals > Generate Award
Only those proposals that have been submitted are available for award generation. See the Submitting a Proposal QRG for instructions.
- On the Generate Award search page, enter or look up the Business Unit.
- Enter or look up the Proposal ID.
- Select Search. The Generate Award page will display.
- On the Generate Award page, select the Add to Grants Portal Security checkbox.
- Ensure that the correct projects and budgets are included and their checkboxes have been selected.
- Select the Generate button.
- Notice that the Generate button, it is no longer available.
- When your Project was “Generated” it pushed this information out to Project Costing and also Contracts.
- If this was a Reimbursable Grant then Project Costing will create billable lines from actual expense that you can invoice.
- The Contract determines how the grant will be invoiced and how expenses will be collected.
- Process complete.
Add your comment