MSS Request Absence (Fluid)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for request absences for employees in ctcLink.
Navigation: Manager Self Service (Homepage) > Team Time (tile)
- The Team Time homepage displays.
- Select the Manage Absences heading on the side bar.
- Select the employee from the list of Team Members.
- In the Create a new Request section, enter or select a Start Date and an End Date for the absence.
- Select Absence Name from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Apply Absence button.
- The Balance for the selected Absence Name displays along with some additional fields.
- Use the Reason drop-down menu to select an appropriate reason for the absence. (This is an optional field in most situations.)
NOTE: If the Absence has to do with FMLA, the Absence Reason is required.
- Based on the Start and End Dates, the Duration will dynamically generate.
- If the Absence is not for a full day, select Partial Days.
NOTE: PTF will always need to have Partial Day absences.
- From the Partial Days drop-down menu, the available options (depending on duration) are:
- None: no part of the absence is a partial day.
- End Day Only: the last day of the absence is a partial day.
- Start Day Only: the first day of the absence is a partial day.
- Start and End Days: both the start and the end days of the absence are partial days.
- All Days: every day of the absence is a partial day.
- If Partial Days is chosen the user must indicate: Is the Day a Half Day? (Yes or No).
- If the answer is no, enter the Duration (number of hours for the partial day absence).
- Click the Done button to return to the Manage Absences page.
Comments are available and are typically used to provide information to support the request. These are optional.
NOTE: these cannot be deleted from the system and are considered public records.
- Click the Request As drop-down to submit as Employee or Manager as per your college’s policy.
- Click the Submit button.
- A confirmation message displays.
- Click the Yes button to confirm.
The process to submit an absence request is now complete.
End of procedure.