9.2 Communications - Using the Delete Communications Process
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for running the Delete Communication process in ctcLink.
Audience: College staff responsible for running the Communication Generation process.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC CC 3Cs User
- ZD CC 3Cs User
- ZZ CC 3Cs User
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
This process can be used to delete communications that have have been assigned but not completed in the system.
This process can't unsend emails that have already been sent, but it WILL DELETE the communication record and history from the communication management page. Users need to be very careful about the selection of users using the external file or query to select the right population for deletion.
Using the Delete Communication Process
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Campus Community > Communications > Delete Communications
- The Delete Communications run control ID search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter Run Control ID.
- Select Add.
- The Delete Communications page displays.
- Enter Academic Institution.
- Enter Administrative Function.
- Enter Category.
- Enter Context.
- Enter Letter Code.
- Enter From Date.
- Enter To Date.
- Select Selection Tool = "PS Query".
- Enter Query Name = "QCS_CC_COMMUNICATION_DELETE".
- Select Edit Prompts.
- The Query Prompts window displays.
- Enter Institution.
- Enter Letter.
- Enter Min Comm Date.
- Enter Max Comm Date.
- Select OK.
- The Query Prompts window disappears.
- Select Run. Please refer to the Process Scheduling QRG for instructions.
This process may take a few minutes to complete depending on the number of communications that need to be deleted.
- Process complete.
Add your comment